Thursday 16 April 2015

Grocery List

I don't like shopping;
Be a dear, fetch these for me?
My house is empty,
And I'd appreciate some help:

A litre of double-toned milk,
Half a kilo of red cabbage,
Two tins of juicy rasgullas,
And a cannister of passion.

Ten ears of baby corn,
Hundred grams of mango pickle,
The cheapest box of oolong tea,
And a sackful of compassion.  

Half a heart to replace losses,
A chestful of peppered courage,
A party of ripe lemons,
And ten slices of salted dreams.

Four paper bags of kisses I owe,
A bowl of wet misadventures,
A couple of floral pillowcases,
And a modest heap of sunshine.

A hand of unripe bananas,
Twenty slabs of cold patience,
Half a dozen jokes for emergencies,
And two bottles of fizzy love.

A handbook on writing letters,
The scrapbook I forgot to keep,
A roll of polaroid memories,
And a cut of gift-wrapping paper.

Run along then, dear,
Before the vendors stock out,
My home is empty,
And I'd appreciate some help.


Image Source: Tadeusz DerÄ™gowski

No comments:

Post a Comment