Thursday 21 May 2015

Lessons of Regret


There is longing in my eyes
That searches a cluttered past
Every time it sought to trespass.
But remembers falling fast
Do you see the smoke in my smiles
Or the musty perfumes I hide
Behind the seasons I chose to ride
Without the secrets I now confide.
Hear me then, gentle reader,
Open the palms of my prayer:
Melancholy wafts from odd layers
Into landscapes without surveyors.
Find the innocent laughters,
Their purple is in these stares,
I wove their sweet into my snares,
To make smiles of fire-flares.
Fall into my eyes, adventurer,
I have lost more than I could bind
With the craft of a young mind,
Discovering all reasons to be kind.
Carry my music to newer shores,
It will fall on untouched sand,
My echoes will sear their brand
And make of innocence new land.
I will be the reason for new life,
Relish my poetry like fruit wine,
Draw my relics into undrawn lines,
Make of me a warning sign.


Image Source: Magic The Gathering

No comments:

Post a Comment