Friday 14 August 2015

Introducing Myself


I am the guy who claps the loudest for good rhetoric
but believes that Truth cannot be found in sophistry,
I leaf monsoons as if there are memories I cannot afford to lose
but only invite them as strangers on dreary afternoons,
I will sing and dance as if I were inventing  rhythm for the first time,
but will find no problem in picking apart your routines with panache,
Hypocrisy is not basis for rejecting the Truth
and I am still learning how to be the best I can
without being dishonest to the conclusions I drew
inbetween my lunch hours and long walks home,
I am a walking tower of contradictions
but they all have a point
and they want to be resolved,
how can I throw them away?
I am an album of emotions, really,
Flat and precise in the framing of my words,
swimming with dimensions of wonderlands,
I have more paradoxes on the tip of my tongue
than the hem of my bookmarks in musty volumes,
I don't write my poems on paper
but type away in bathroom stalls and
colorful museums and empty meeting rooms,
unstable train coaches and the trees outside malls,
I still love the smell of the fungi in old books,
No, the microorganisms do not take away the romance,
my romances are quite unromantic,
I am in a one-sided relationship with Existence,
sometimes I wonder if she gets my letters,
sometimes I wonder if she is a dream,
sometimes I decide that Truth exists,
and that often means I serenade about not serenading,
repeat the prayers of atheistic inquiry,
There is no God under my fingertips
but I feel Holy all over,
I am eyes that are always empty enough
to fill with wonder, drink possibilities
as if my life can fit any tale written well-enough,
I am an artist, you see,
my roses are filled with columns of light
and my violinists don't know how to hold a violin,
but my portfolio is childhood in formaldehyde,
I carry it inside my sleeves like a poker cheat,
my face will never lose at losing itself
in the whirlpools of whims and drama,
My brain is not rational but endorses it
like a secret that needs to be spilled all over,
forgive me if I think some skies are better sung of than studied,
I will not tell you that I have already studied them,
See, I am obsessive compulsive about knowing things,
I ran out of subjects and decided to know about knowing,
There are levels of meta-cognition that deserve mention in Dante's Hell,
I feel like Lucifer sometimes,
Morality doesn't make a lot of sense to me
except as convenience to make things work,
a broken society doesn't seem important to me
but my friends tell me I forgot how to be selfish,
I tell them I am the heliocentric model inside Earth,
I will never learn to pivot the planets around me,
their ballads make no sense to me then,
I need things to make sense,
Beauty and sense, yes,
that is all I am inside my words,
I hope you find the time to talk to me,
I love honest conversations.

2 comments: