Wednesday 19 August 2015

Good Mood

I am in a good mood today,
I wear it like a birthday cap,
a little tight around my chin,
I will clap my hands a little harder,
Sing my grocery list a little softer,
Today, I will turn on music
and it will not speak of art,
it will not speak of auroras,
It will have no words, actually,
I will move my head like ribbons,
but my smile will not tell you of lies,
I will give you some chocolate,
No, don't ask me why,
I have enough lemonade today
to give out glasses to everyone,
I must be kind more often,
the glass is completely empty sometimes,
My head is not an orchestra today,
Sit besides me,
why don't you now?
We will talk of your temple roofs,
of olive oil salads and lazy winters,
Ignore the confetti on my shoulder,
I have had a crazy day,
I am in a good mood today,
and I feast on it like my last meal,
That is why you know of my sadness,
Thank you for not mentioning it.


Image Source: Daniel Perkowski

No comments:

Post a Comment