Thursday 9 July 2015

Drawing Blood

The third night she sucked my nape
and tied sleep beyond my bedpost,
I decided I was not kind enough to give
and receive nothing but long welts,
fading scars that prickle without her,
when nights do not hum with her vim,
audible whispers that make me turn,
guard my nakedness with quick hands,
throw frenzied shadows on ceiling fans,
to sweep her down before she flies into
a night that will sweat with anticipation,
I will capture her with sticky palms,
squeeze out everything alive in her,
feel my labour make her ruddy and soft,
see her blush between my fingertips,
nothing but blood where she once was.


Image Source: https://www.colourbox.com/image/abstract-background-watercolor-beautiful-hand-painted-on-a-paper-pink-red-orange-violet-yellow-image-3028930

No comments:

Post a Comment